Friday, June 17, 2011

Why Do Cats Purr?

MuffinBoy #2 here:

The other day, my pet cat sat on my lap and purred.  I wondered,  "Why is she purring?"  I went to one of our local libraries and looked up books about cats.  I am learning how to find books by their call numbers.  We found quite a few interesting books, and they all had great pictures!

Cat Books

The book I found most helpful was called The Cat Manual. In this book, it said that nobody is sure why cats purr!  It is believed to be linked to happiness, or maybe other strong emotions, since cats also can purr when they are hurt or ill.  After reading about pet cats, I wondered if big cats like lions and tigers and jaguars purr, too.  They do!

Since I like to draw, I learned how to draw a cat.  Here's how:

How to Draw a Cat

Have you ever drawn a picture of a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment